YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US. WE WILL NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS.
Friends of Pam Beidle is required to file regular reports with the Federal Election Commission that publicly disclose the name, address, occupation and employer of persons who contribute over $200 during an election cycle, along with the amount and date of the contribution. State and local election laws may also require us to disclose this information at a lower itemization threshold, depending on the committee's activity.
Friends of Pam Beidle complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. Friends of Pam Beidle does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 13 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 13 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
When you provide your email address to us, we use it to send you information about our campaign. We do not sell or rent your information to others.
The security of your personal information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. All credit card transactions are routed through a secure server. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving financial data. This includes the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for processing donations.
Only Friends of Pam Beidle—staff and our authorized agents have access to the personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site. Friends of Pam Beidle takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. They are used by most websites to provide certain types of functionality, including remembering you the next time you visit.
Cookies contain information about your use of a particular website but do not include information that can be used to personally identify you (e.g., they do not store your name or address). You can delete or turn off your cookies at anytime. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our site.
When you visit our site, our third party analytics providers collect additional information. As with most websites, we analyze this information to improve the user experience and functionality of the site. We use external services to provide real-time reporting. This reporting includes page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, require, collect or track any users’ personally identifiable information.
If you do not wish your use of pambeidle.com to be recorded in this way, please visit Google for instructions on how to opt out.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
When you register, contribute, sign up to volunteer, or take any other action on our Site, we may ask you to give us contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number and/or e-mail address. We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with the information we collect through this Site.
We use this information to operate this Site, send you news and information about Friends of Pam Beidle activities, solicit your participation in Friends of Pam Beidle, and related uses. We use your e-mail address to send such information by e-mail, and may use your telephone number to call you or send you a text message or phone call for these purposes.
To companies that assist us in maintaining this Site or with the Friends of Pam Beidle activities, but only for purposes of providing services to Friends of Pam Beidle and with the strict requirement that any such company will never itself have the right to contact you for any reason;
To comply with applicable law or legal requirements (for example, a lawful subpoena), to protect our rights or property, or to protect our supporters from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful conduct, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records;
With candidates, organizations, committees, or groups that we believe share the same political or social viewpoints or objectives as Friends of Pam Beidle.
To other groups with your consent.
Changes to this policy
This document constitutes the Office of Senator Pamela Beidle’s Social-Media Policy (the “Policy”). As described below, this Policy applies to the following social-media platforms:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Senator Pam Beidle District 32
- Twitter: Twitter.com/@PamelaBeidle
- Instagram: Instagram.com/pambeidle
Purposes. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms promote and disseminate information about the Office of Senator Pamela Beidle. For constituent service help send an email to: Pamela.Beidle@Senate.State.Md.us or send a private message on messenger. On any Facebook post, the “Profiles and Pages” that are mentioned in a post will be allowed to comment.
Comments. To facilitate the purposes of the social-media platforms, Comments may be removed if they contain, constitute or link to:
- Malicious or harmful software;
- Advertisements, promotions, or solicitations of a commercial product or service;
- Confidential, personally identifying, or private information as defined by State Law;
- Profanity, nudity, indecency, or obscenity;
- Threats of violence or to public safety;
- Copyrighted materials in violation of State or Federal Law;
- Disruptively repetitive content;
- Remarks that are clearly unrelated to governmental concerns;
- Remarks that are clearly unrelated to the subject matter of the post;
Rules. The following rules apply to the social-media platforms:
- Any Content removed pursuant to this Policy will be retained for one year.
- Users may be temporarily or permanently restricted from accessing the social-media platform if they repeatedly and consistently violate the Policy.
- To contest the restriction of access to a social-media platform, the user must submit to the Office of Pamela Beidle at Pamela.Beidle@Senate.State.Md.us with a written statement providing grounds for reinstatement. Requests shall be responded to on a reasonably timely basis, and access shall be restored if it is determined that the grounds for reinstatement are sufficient. A statement that the user will abide by this policy in the future shall be sufficient, except when a user has continued to violate the policy after having made such a statement.
- Users may contact the Office of Senator Pamela Beidle at any time to identify Comments or other conduct in violation of the Policy. Until a Comment in violation of the Policy is removed, users should ignore it or, if responding, do so in compliance with the Policy.
- The Office of Senator Pamela Beidle shall notify the public of any changes to this Policy and identify the changes.
User-generated content. The Office of Senator Pamela Beidle monitors the social-media platforms, but is not responsible for the content generated by users on these platforms. A Comment is the opinion of the commentor only. Publication of a Comment does not necessarily imply endorsement of, or agreement by the Senator. Comments and content should be understood to be entirely public, and users should not write Comments with any information that they consider, or would like to keep, confidential.
Contact us at email@example.com